GOOGLE’S MOBILE UPDATE ROLLING OUT .
Google announced that their Mobile Update went live, as promised, on April 21st. Those of us watching at that time were left …well disillusioned with the lack of a dramatic or even in some case a noticeable change in mobile traffic.
Google’s John Mueller confirmed on Friday, April 24th in a Google Hangout video that the update had begun to be released:
As of May 1st, Google announced that the Mobile update had been completely rolled out to all of its data centers. We know that a lot of industries did not experience the type of fluctuations that were promised. However, there were many that saw a dramatic shift, including many big brands. To read more about that see Graham Charlton’s report here.
If this update is news to you then please see our previous coverage to get caught up on the facts and learn what it takes to get the Mobile Friendly tag for your site. Here are a few quick facts to remember about this update:
- It only affects search rankings on mobile devices.
- It will affect search results in all languages globally.
- It will be applied to individual pages, not entire websites.
- The algorithm runs in real-time, so you won’t have to wait for a refresh.
Again, if you need any help in developing Google recognized mobile friendly websites, kindly get in touch with us.
We have been offering Google mobile friendly websites for more than 4 years. And, almost 100% of the websites we have developed are acknowledged by Google as “Mobile-friendly”.
Here are the top features of our Google Mobile Friendly website –
- Responsive website recognized by Google as mobile friendly.
- Click-to-Call, Click-to-Email and Click-to-Text features.
- Advanced mobile lead tracking and analytics.